Friday, March 28, 2008

Boys will be boys


Yesterday my Mom decided to upgrade my Dad's very archaic cell phone (he has one of those Nokia square phones that were the best things out there when I was in high school...which was five years ago). After considering all her options, she chose to not just upgrade, but make him the coolest kid on the block by giving him an iPhone.
No sooner had Mom purchased it did Jake start thinking about all of the many things he himself could use such an advanced piece of technology for. It started with "Wow, it has Google Earth right on the home page? I could totally replace my eight street maps and use it to locate my properties" and throughout the night all I heard were excuses like, "I could access the MLS and pull more comparable sales while I'm inspecting a house!" As the possibilities seemed endless, my hopes that his excitement would fade dwindled away until I finally agreed that we could get him an iPhone this weekend. Poor Dad, he hasn't even been able to touch his prized present since Jake got his hands on it this morning.
What is it about boys and their toys? First it's hunting gear, then guns, then the 4-wheeler he uses only when it snows, and now it's the most expensive phone on the market.
And he thinks my never-ending shoe collection is bad! At least my beloved flip-flops only cost me ten bucks!
I wonder if I could gear him towards collecting more inexpensive items, like rocks.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Okay, I laughed at the rocks part!! Those I-phones seem pretty cool though! Logan and I got new phones in July (logan's very first cell phone EVER..his family still doesn't have call waiting, caller id, or even internet etc...talk about archaic) but anyways...we got pretty pimp cell phones, and 2 weeks later Logan accidentally went swimming in Hawaii with it......
So now he's back to basics & he's totally sad. His graphics on his cell phone remind me of atari's.

This is turning into a long & boring comment...so bottom line congrats on the new phone?!=)