Monday, January 28, 2008

Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, Passes Away


Okay...I wasn't really planning on posting about this because most of you who read it obviously know Gordon B. Hinckley passed away yesterday evening, but then realized if I post about Heath Ledger dying I certainly need to mention the prophet. So, I was doing a little reading about him and thought I would post that on here in honor of a great man that was an amazing leader and wonderful role model for me.
Gordon B. Hinckley was the president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for almost 13 years, as he was called as prophet in March of 1995. He was the first president of the church to travel to Spain to erect a temple in Madrid.
In an interview in 2005, he told the Associated Press: "The more people come to know us, the better they will understand us. We're a little different. We don't smoke. We don't drink. We do things in a little different way. That's not dishonorable. I believe that's to our credit."
The above quote shows why I loved his talks, respected his counsel, and adored him as our prophet. He was so simple in his talks, but the truths he spoke always seemed to stuck with me because of the way he delivered him. The way he spoke was so absolute and certain it was as though he's never questioned for a minute whether the gospel was true.
He was a beloved prophet and will be missed dearly.



No comments: