Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Cold Season Has Arrived!


It's official: The cold season has formally arrived at the Simply Me household. I have the above picture in because Jake swears by it---he says it is soothing to take and helps him sleep, and doesn't leave him all groggy gross in the morning like other nighttime cold medicines can.
Three days ago Jake started sneezing, snoring (he only snores when he's sick...aren't I lucky?), and coughing profusely. Of course, he has been go go go since he was licensed and was working well into the nights trying to get new clients by doing his appraisals super fast. Although he's doing a great job because in the short week we've been in business he has three new clients and a ton of appraisal requests (part of that I'm sure being that the rates have been dropping like a swatted fly), he's also paying for it by continuing to get worse.
Yesterday I made him stay home most of the day and watch movies and veg, and today I'm quarantining him to the house. So, this morning I will have to go to church alone which I don't mind except it's redundant when I get asked three hundred times why Jake's not there. It just goes to show how much the people in our congregation care and I appreciate it, but for those of you who've been there it's always awkward when that one person lingers for a detailed explanation like they don't believe you and suspect that your husband is really bar-hopping on a Sunday morning. I'll let you know how it goes.
Time to stock up on Airborne and hand sanitizer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theraflu is amazing! I agree with Jake! I hope he gets well soon, great news about the business!!!