Monday, February 4, 2008

Simply Me's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Okay, maybe it's because I caught Jake's stupid cold and I have a stupid runny nose and my stupid medicine hasn't kicked in, but I am having one horrible day. I'm stuck working today with Jake in the office because I marketed for less than an hour last Thursday and got overwhelmed with requests. Not a bad problem to have, I know, but it is when you have that someboby-put-a-tiny-little-elf-in-my-brain-and-he-has-a-jackhammer feeling and yet you're still working. We've all been there.

So today I come in to work hoping to get one thing accomplished: Finalized E & O insurance for Jake's company. I have been getting quotes for the last three weeks from different local insurance companies, and have been equally appalled when they come back with $10,000/year premiums for coverage he needs. $10,000 a year!!! What's even more frustrating is when I look online the quotes in all other states are no more than $800/yr, but most of these companies don't *surprise* do insurance for appraisers in Alaska. You'd think Alaska was in a whole other country with how I've been treated by some of these out of state insurance brokers. In any case, it's been a very tedious process, but last Friday I came across a broker willing to talk to me, and today, they came back with their quote, and it's less than $1,000 premium which is exactly what I've been looking for. I know I should be happy, but I can't stop thinking about what a waste of time it has been for me to wait on these other local companies and how we haven't been able to work with a lot of mortgage companies in town that require E & O insurance. Boy am I a Debbie Downer today or what?!?!

At least it's accomplished, and now I get to go get back in my bathrobe and watch bad daytime television all afternoon.

3 comments:

Emily said...

OK Debbie Downer (to use your lingo)...haha just kidding, you totally have a right to gripe. When my allergies kick up, I get pissed. Hope you feel better soon!!

Julia said...

hey great news that business is booming and you got a good quote! now mission is accomplished...just go REST and take time to yourself and you go watch that daytime TV, girl.

Ashley said...

Oh sad!! Just think of all the money you & your hubby are making, and will be making down the road! =). I hope you feel better soon, I'm a baby when I get sick!!