Monday, February 25, 2008

Mean Tigers


Saturday our friend Haakon came to the office to look up a property with Jake, and brought his two adorable girls with him. This is Corinne's picture she drew on my computer. (She is 5, but if you say that in front of her you must recognize that she is 5 AND 1/2) In any case, as she was drawing this, I was studying the animal trying to figure out the last time I saw a four-legged creature that was lime green with brown stripes.
Fortunately, her little sister, Lauren looked at it and asked what we were both thinking,
"Corinn-eee, what is that?"
You could tell Corinne was a tad defensive when she replied "Can't you tell it's a tiger?"
Lauren pondered that for a moment, then stated, "Oh. Tigers are really mean."
(Corinne) "No, this one is a nice tiger."
(Lauren) "I don't like tigers. They are mean."
(Corinne) "Well then look" (She adds a smile to the tiger's face) "He's smiling, so he's not mean
now."
Why can't it be that easy to fix all the mean things in this world?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! This weekend I was babysitting MacKenzie and their cat had to go because it was annoying Mark and Jenna and Mackenzie goes, "the cat had to leave, I was so sick of it!" Kids say the darndest things...check out this silly video on youtube I found:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM

Julia said...

oh gosh. too cute. i've been thinking about you a lot lately!

Lindsay AJ said...

That is so fun! I have to print that one off for their memory box. It is so well written! Thanks for sharing that story and reminding me to get connected again with your blog. I love it! Now I need to print off your yummy mint brownie recipe too! Mmmmmmm!