Saturday, December 29, 2007

Not a Medium anymore


Today was my return-Christmas-present-day, but this year was a little more depressing than most. I had to return every single piece of clothing given to me this year. Not because I'm picky and didn't like the color, not because they were the wrong style, not because the sleeves and inseams were too lengthy, but because *eek!* EVERYTHING was too small. The sweatshirts were too tight, the shirts too short and hugged my love handles a little too closely, the jackets couldn't button...Every single clothing item returned for a bigger size.

I don't know whether I should be flattered that I look smaller than I truly am, like I "hide" my extras in all the right places, or if I should be downright depressed that the size I used to be is in the very distant past.

I think I need to go drown my sorrows in a milkshake.

2 comments:

Julia said...

i hear you loud and clear. i could have written this post myself. go get that milkshake girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Bonnie, you're beautiful! It's about time you gain the freshman 15 that I gained four years ago...haha!