Thursday, December 27, 2007

A little surprise lurking behind the bushes


I guess you can tell I'm a new blogger because I want to post every chance I get. I'm thinking this will taper off with time.
This is the moose that was eating the unidentified bush in our backyard this morning-this was not zoomed in and was taken from my back door. Having a bloodhound around always ensures that a moose won't come within a mile radius of your home without you knowing about it, so I wasn't expecting a moose to be so close to the house. She's a pretty small cow (for those of you non-hunters out there girl moose are called "cows" and boy moose are called "bulls" just like cattle...took me a few mistakes of calling them "lady moose" and Jake constantly correcting me to finally call them by their politically correct terms.)

1 comment:

Julia said...

WOW. the joys of living in alaska. and i had to laugh at the new blogger comment...SO, SO true!!