Friday, December 28, 2007

Mom's Cheeseball

I'm no Betty Crocker, and this isn't going to be a blog that resembles anything close to a cooking web site, but thought I would share this recipe today. This has been a family tradition for the holidays since I was old enough to appreciate a good cheeseball. It's a pretty simple recipe and every time I bring it to a friend's house I always get the same response: "I didn't know people could make cheeseballs!" I guess some are under the impression they grow on trees?!?

In any case, below is the recipe.

Cheeseball

1 box cream cheese (8 oz)
2-3 Tbsp A-1 Sauce
3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 C diced onions
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 C Chopped Pecans

After the ingredients are mixed, chop up another 1/2-3/4 cup of Pecans and spread out on cutting board. Roll up the mixture in a ball and roll around on chopped pecans to completely cover. Serve with favorite crackers.

No comments: