Thursday, April 17, 2008

Conversation the other day...

We had just woken up, and I was trying oh-so-hard to find a reason good enough to drag my lazy and ever-increasing-in-size butt out of bed, Jake decided to strike up conversation:

Jake: I have a confession to make

Me: Well, out with it then

Jake: I don't want to be an appraiser anymore.

(Completely astonished and trying to approach this as a sensitive thoughtful woman that vowed to stand by her man no matter what idiotic ideas came out of his mouth) ME: Well...okay...what is bringing this on?

Jake: I am just burned out, and I hate dealing with everybody's problems, it's a hard market out there, (I'm sure he talked for another five minutes but to me it quickly turned into something as valuable as 'yada yada yada yada')

Me: Well, you do understand that even in a tough market, you are doing so awesome, and anybody else would love to own their own business that doesn't require working nights/weekends and that sets their own schedule and that is doing well right out of the gate and and AND...



Me continuing: Well, hate to break it to you buddy, but you better suck it up. We sacrificed a lot to get you certified and you get to make it worth while. If you want to change careers in five years, be my guest. But you are GOING to support us and you NEED to fulfill your duties as the man of this house and I am finishing school while you follow through with this. If you don't like your job we'll take a mini-vacation this weekend and then when we get back it's back to the grinding stone for you mister. I mean are you kidding me? Quit everything you've worked for because it's gotten a little harder than you thought? Who are you? Seriously?! Is today April Fools or something?

And then it hits me...it WAS April Fools. And Jake is giggling hysterically in his pillow. While I slap him, a little too hard, on the back of his head and hop in the shower cursing him under my breath.

As I got ready that morning Jake kept spontaineously walking in and saying things like "Man, you are really cold-hearted. 'Suck it up?' Who says that to their discouraged husband? It's a really good thing I like what I do."

I have NEVER liked April Fools Day. And that day validated more than ever my disdane for the holiday. What a waste of a holiday. Stay away from me Ashton, I handle getting "Punk'd" about as well as Justin Timberlake did.

1 comment:

Smedley Family said...

lol!!! Ok . . . THAT'S FUNNY!!! We've had talks like that before and I've done the SAME thing!!! But I think my hitting comes before the "just kidding". :) Gotta hate April Fools. - Lisa