Wednesday, April 9, 2008

AAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!


So this morning, after buying new tires for my Honda and getting my snow tires removed, I look out the window and find this--->
What a bummer! You know, I have become quite accustomed to spring time in Alaska.
I consider it a beautiful spring day when the weather is over 40 degrees and I can manage to walk around in my flip flops (yes, I wear flip flops in 40 degree weather here...when else would I be able to wear them?) without getting my feet covered in the snow/ice/mud mix that covers the entire state of Alaska this time of year. I was packing up my winter coat, putting away my snow boots in the storage shed out back, and bringing in all my short sleeve t-shirts that don't see the light of day for eight months out of the year. I was finally getting geared up for an early spring/summer this year, and now we have more than A FOOT of new snow on the ground, and it doesn't look like it's stopping any time soon.
I need a vacation somewhere tropical.

2 comments:

Julia said...

better you than me...i don't know how you do it! if i ever come visit you it will definitely be in the summer...haha

Ashley said...

I complain when it's lower than 60 degrees...I don't know how you survive in Alaska! Hopefully you get that tropical vacation sometime soon! And hopefully I do too! haha.