Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hello again

I'm not sure if anybody even reads this anymore---hopefully it will make it worth my while if I start posting a little more regularly---like more than once in the last 6 months!

This one will be a short entry as I am, just like the last year, pressed for time. Business is crazier than ever thanks to the incredibly low interest rates. Word to the wise: If you are a homeowner and can refinance, CHECK INTO IT! Even if you think you have a great rate when you bought a couple years ago, chances are if you've purchased in the last four years or so there's a good possibility you could save quite a bit in your monthly payment because rates are as low as 4.5% for a 30 year fixed rate. And I'm not even in the mortgage business anymore; considered me an informed third party. :)

In any case, the house is coming down home stretch, and for those that want pictures you will just have to wait until I chisel off the layer of sawdust, mud, paint, etc. that accumulats on EVERYTHING in the house daily since we are still finishing up the two bedrooms in the existing part of the house. But, I can tell you it looks better than Jake and I ever imagined it would and absolutely can't wait to move in full time and quit working on the house!

In a couple weeks I will post pictures and update y'all on what has been happening in our lives for the last 6 months. Eating McDonalds, working on the house and doing appraisals is the short story so let's see if more thinking won't give me more exciting news...

3 comments:

Nicole Fryer said...

We are glad you guys finally posted. We will be curious to hear all your stories from the last few months.

Emily said...

Horray for a new post! I've been wondering when you'd ever come back to us! Like I'm one to talk, but hey, I try to stay current-ish. I don't think I'll ever be as consistent as Julia. Glad the house is making progress! How fun to be a homeowner. When is it expected to finish?

Julia said...

Wow..a new post! I love it! :) Umm you have a lot to blog about- I can't wait to see pics of your new house...AND...did I see on Facebook that y'all are going to Maui?? I need to get in on that. Can we tag along? I wish! :)