Wednesday, May 7, 2008

McDUDnalds


Ok...maybe it's because I personally feel as though I have been a BIG contributor to the McDonalds organization via my daily McChickens in high school, my Big Macs through college and now my McFlurries, but I expect when I go to my local McDonalds franchise I will get what I want. I know "Have it Your Way" is coined by Burger King, but deep down aren't all fast food chains made equal?

Today I was craving my daily ice cream fix, and asked Jake to swing by the drive-thru on our way back to the office. I was in the back seat because my Dad was with us, and I was chatting away with my big brother shooting the breeze as Jake was ordering, so I didn't really catch all the confusion that the cashier had when Jake was explaining to her that no, we didn't want 6 McFlurries we just wanted 3 with an additional topping for each. We've already accepted that it's an extra 46 cents, and have mastered the ordering of them so there aren't any questions...'I want ONE Oreo McFlurry with ONE additional topping of M&Ms please' should suffice, right?

Well, it didn't, the lady went back and forth, first assuming we wanted a truckload of one topping ice cream treats, then mixing the Reese's with Oreo and the M&Ms with the Butterfinger, but Jake was quick to straighten her out and it looked like we were good to pick up our delectable desserts...that is until Jake pulled up to the window to pay and the cashier rudely said, "Um...just so you know we aren't going to mix the toppings any more." I was still on the phone talking so as I listened to Jake laugh in her face and ask why she would ever say something so silly, she very shortly replied "The head honcho here said that mixing the toppings causes cross contamination".

Are you serious McDonalds? Cross contamination of ice cream toppings?? Jake argued with her a little longer while even my brother Mark was getting fired up and threatening to tear her head off through my cell phone while I gratefully accepted that this might be my last Orea/M&M McFlurry...at least from that store.

Moral of the story is that sometimes, even for an extra charge, McDonalds doesn't always Love to See You Smile.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Thanks for making my mouth water. I'll be getting a McFlurry today thanks to you. :)(And we already went to McDonalds yesterday..so "Gracie could play"..yeah right I wanted some french fries. haha)