Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Finally Splurged


For over a year now, I have been hearing my friends who are more fashionable and 'up with the times' than I could ever hope to be tell me how fabulous the Chi brand hair flat irons work. My best friend Erin says it changed her life; some old clients of mine used their co-workers on a business trip and each of them ran out to purchase one the day after they returned home. So, after using my own cheaper straightener yesterday and experiencing all the hair snagging a girl can stand, I broke down and called Kelly.


Because Kelly has her beautician's license (is that what it's called?) she can purchase hair product/supplies at cost. However, it had to be a covert operation, because technically she isn't allowed to purchase items for the non-cosmetologist likes of me. So, internet, please don't reveal my true identity (or Kelly's) to any beauty supply store in the greater area of Anchorage so that she can help me work the system and I can maintain my hair with the best of the best products for cheaper, k?


In any case, she was kind enough to take me on her supply shopping trip today and I splurged on the coveted Chi straightener, hopped in the shower as soon as I got home even though I'd already taken one this morning, and whipped that baby out to work it's magic on my locks. AND...it...was...AWESOME! I have never bought into a lot of the hype that seems to go with all the expensive brand name clothes, shoes, purses, hair product, etc. because I figure my $8 shoes at payless look just as cute as your coach pumps; like Mom always said it's not what you're wearing it's wearing it with confidence.


So, to all those skeptics out there, borrow one if you must test it, but if you're in the market for a flat iron, save those pennies and splurge--it's worth it!


Now for those of you with any idea how to justify the purchase to Jake, please comment or e-mail me before I see him tonight to ensure the safety of my marriage.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yea for you and your new CHI! And for paying only wholesale? That's totally justifiable in itself!

I think I am the one wierd person though who thinks my Hot Tools straightener works just as great as my CHI, if not better! My mom got me a CHI for Christmas, and while it works wonders on my bangs, (aka my haircut from hell) it curls the ends of my hair instead of straightening them with that funky chunky look! And takes longer timewise b/c the hot plates are so thin. Do they make 2 1/2" chi's? Maybe I'm doing something wrong since I seem to be the only one who's not totally in love. Then again, I didn't buy it, so maybe that's my problem..haha!

Glad yours works wonders for you though!!! I hope you stay forever in love with it! =)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be more proud of you. It will last forever and you will never be disappointed. Let's hope that Jake doesn't notice, but if he does tell him it was $20...that is what my mom always told my dad the price was on everything new and fancy...

Julia said...

Woohoo good for you, girl! You needed to post a picture of your nice, straight hair with that post! I just bought a new straightener...but not a Chi..I think it's a Wigo or something- whatever, it was $30 down from $120, and it does work REALLY well- Houston humidity is the true test of all straighteners. I can't ever buy a Chi because you would die if I told you how much it costs to make each one. I got it from a reliable source- my friend gets her hair cut from the son of the man who makes them and he told her. (Sounds like a really long relation when I type it out...haha)

I know nothing makes me feel better about myself than freshly straight hair and fresh make-up, so I know you must be lovin' your new purchase!