Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake!!!

I have been super light on the posting these days, and don't anticipate I'll have enough time for the next few months to really get consistent with it, but I did want to post a quick 'Happy B-day' to my honey. Today Jake turns 27, and so far it's been a pretty pleasant, yet uneventful day. It's been the year of home gifts-- dishes, towels, and deep fryers...I feel like we're getting wedding presents all over again.

We don't have any huge plans for birthdays this year, which is kind of abnormal for this house; I make it a point to set aside a full 'Birthday Week' celebration for each of us to keep with the traditions from my family, and usually Jake's begging me to STOP GIVING HIM STUFF FOR HIS BIRTHDAY by the time its all said and done. This year, we're playing it pretty low key...for our joint birthday gifts to each other we went to the Lion King two weeks ago, and that was fantastic, but unfortunately that left us with no excitement for the actual birthdays...

So I'm off to take a birthday nap with my sweetie and we'll see where the night takes us. I'd love to post a mushy heartfelt post about him and how wonderful he is, but he wouldn't know how to get to my blog even if he wanted to, and I'm not thinking the rest of you really want to hear about this amazing husband I happen to have...so we'll just leave it at Happy Birthday JAKEY! :)

No comments: