Monday, June 29, 2009

Its Not That Bad



Yesterday brought the first bit of warm weather and sunshine we've had in weeks. Jake and I couldn't help ourselves, we got off the couch, out the door, and went on a hike. I know, from the picture this trail looks more like a walk on a gravel road...but Sitka did get hot and thirsty so we bushwacked it down to a creek. My shins have the scrapes to prove it.

As we were walking, I realized the background for Jake and Sitka made quite a Kodak moment. Look at me being all artsy. Days like that make me realize that even though life really blows sometimes, when I can leave my house, and in ten minutes be enjoying this kind of natural beauty and serenity, life really can't be that hard.

We'll see how I'm feeling the next time it rains.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yes, definitely a Kodak moment- do take the creativity points. ;) I was so sad to read your last post, Bonnie. Wish I could give you a hug! You're such a strong person, always have been. And yes, you're lucky to have a "backyard" like that- closest we get is a crowded city lake!